Sunday, October 26, 2008

10-26-2008 - I'm Politically Active!

Got this in the mail tonight, guess I'm going to have to vote early and often with all the campaigns I've signed up for across the country.

Dear Friends,

Thanks to your support, we are a significant, viable force in the U S Senate Race in Minnesota. While the poll numbers of Coleman and Franken fluctuate wildly, our numbers steadily improve, having risen to the 20% range in spite of name recognition of only 60%. We are now on the threshold of the tipping point where voters move beyond “Can he win” to “With my vote, he will win!” I need your help to push us over that tipping point. The simple political fact is that we need to reach voters who have not heard of me yet. In every public appearance I make, I meet many people who did not know I was in the race and are relieved to find someone to vote for. We need to reach these people this week and the only way to do so is on television. My good friend Bill Hillsman who worked with me on the Kinky Friedman campaign is creating a breakthrough television ad campaign for the last week of this election. Many of you will recall that Bill created the famous ads which pushed Paul Wellstone over the top in 1990 and Jesse Ventura in 1998. I need your help to raise $65,000 by 6:00 pm Tuesday to produce and run this ad to a full statewide audience. The good news is that we’ve already raised $25,000 of this, but you are the critical link to help us get the rest of the way there. If you haven’t had the chance to donate yet, now is the time to make a financial contribution. If you are in a position to give more, please do so today (and give just enough that it hurts a little). Most importantly, grab a few of your friends and let them know that they can make the difference in this race. For the first time in two generations, we can send a message to end the partisanship and paralysis of the two-party system in Washington. Please join me now to make this happen!

Sincerely,

Sen. Dean BarkleyBarkley for Senate
11255 Highway 55, Suite 50
Plymouth, MN 55441
senatorbarkley.com
763-417-9972
senatorbarkley@senatorbarkley.com

PS: If you are sick of those nasty ads run by my opponents, rest assured that due to equal access laws, every time my ad runs, we can bump one of theirs off of the air. So with your contribution, you get twice the bang on your hard earned buck!

Paid for by Barkley For Senate

senatorbarkley@senatorbarkley.com Barkley For Senate 2610 Parkview Blvd Robbinsdale MN 55422

No comments: