Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1-27-2009 - I'm an alcoholic! Yay!

Pass the rum!

For the past week or so, I've been getting e-mails for an Alcoholics Anonymous group, led by one Mr David Rickerson Sr. I've asked to be off the list, I've sent them a picture of Tequila & Margaritas, informing them I'm an atheist. Still they persist in mailing to me. I'm starting to forward the mails to abuse @ earthlink.net What a bunch of morons.

from David Rickerson Sr. drickerson@earthlink.net
reply-to drickerson@earthlink.net
to Tim Tscott4@tampabay.rr.com
date Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM
mailed-by earthlink.net
signed-by earthlink.net

hide details 10:54 PM (32 minutes ago)

Reply

One night, when confined in a hospital, he was approached by an alcoholic who had known a spiritual experience. Our friend's gorge rose as he bitterly cried out: "If there is a God, He certainly hasn't done anything for me!" But later, alone in his room, he asked himself this question: "Is it possible that all the religious people I have known are wrong?"
Alcoholics Anonymous Page 56 Thumbing through my Big Book I had a note that say's "We never put ourselves in the position to be helped" I still seem to have an outline as to how I think God should help me, but doesn't that limit what God can /will do??

From yesterday:

I have always believed in God and to this day cannot understand how a person could believe otherwise. That is their life to live however. My error was that I thought God was simply the Creator that I had to only think about after death. I did not rely on God or give God much daily thought other than that I would have to face Him at death for judgment. I was so full of myself and full of denial for my actions that I thought I was acting just fine and wouldn’t have to worry much about that meeting.

No comments: